Yesterday I added my friend and former employee Joel Wilmot to the truss setting team. My employee, Jeremiah, and I wouldn't have had quite enough horse power to do all that is required for such an undertaking. The third body really becomes useful when we put on the roof plywood and carry up the missing valley trusses.
This is a view from the back yard illustrating the complexity of tying the different roofs together. The back side of the main house addition needs to have sheathing put on before we can add the valley rafters and frame the entry roof that will cover this section.
The shape of the final product is coming together as can be seen from Main Street. The general shape and scale is retained: we chose to mimic the roof pitch, as well the idea of three elements copied from the facade onto the street side and side view of the addition, which each have three windows/two windows and a door (when the house wrap is cut, these details will unfold).
Here is the view looking into the master bedroom showing the scissor trusses. The cramped space above the bedroom didn't allow adequate access, so we opted for a cathedral ceiling instead of regular trusses. We sheathed and applied Triflex roofing underlayment to the front half of the roof for weatherproofing - now I only need to shovel about half if it snows again.