We installed the valley trusses which tie the two roofs together.
We installed roof sheathing until the material ran out. I did a quick material count and realized that we had about 20 sheets that hadn't been delivered. I was hoping to receive the remaining items mid day yesterday. No sign of the delivery truck. Unfortunately, we were also missing some framing members critical for framing the stairway in the garage leading to the attic.
Perhaps this delay will allow me a little extra time to ponder the roof transition between the old roof and the new. Maybe the shed dormer in Charlotte's room on the right side of the house should extend out to meet the new gable roof.